sidebar seal FINAL
Phone Number
This form is for
general inquires only

and cannot be used
as a vehicle
submitting official
public records requests.

All official
public records requests
must be submitted
to the Town Clerk.

Public Works / Engineering

Public Works

The Public Works Department has offices and a maintenance facility on Suzanne Drive in Hobe Sound, but for the most part department personnel perform their job functions within the Town’s confines. Public Works crews are responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all Town vehicles and buildings on the island, the maintenance and beautification of Town-owned green space, and road and sidewalk maintenance. Department personnel also perform residential sanitation and trash removal services as well as landscape debris pickup and removal.


The Town Engineer serves works with engineering consultants, contractors, residents, and their representatives in support of engineering and technically related initiatives. Primary areas of review are Civil Engineering projects including roadway, drainage, erosion control and utility infrastructure.

Stuart Trent

Director of Public Works / Town Engineer

  • Responsible for overall administration of the Public Works Department
  • Assists the Town Manager in the administration of the Town’s conservation properties and liaison with related contractors, consultants and governmental agencies
  • Responsible for the beautification corridor and the Ficus Allee, and represents Public Works on the Town’s Beautification Committee
  • Oversees the buildings and grounds maintenance on the Town’s municipal sites, as well as the maintenance of the Town roads, The Ramble and storm water control
  • Administers the refuse sanitation and recycling programs and the beach cleanup program
  • Plans, reviews and coordinates capital projects within the Town.
  • Responsible for oversight of engineering and consultants for the Town.
  • Provides in-house engineering services to other Town departments.
  • Works closely with other core administrators to review and recommend technical and engineering projects.
(772) 545-0171